Nancy Teague grew up in the small western Nebraska town of Sidney. Her youth years were rich with art and building projects, riding horses, fishing, hiking in nearby bluffs, ice skating, piano, flute, Rotary Exchange Student to Australia, student government positions, and working in her mom’s bookstore. Nancy’s husband of 49 years, her two sons’ families which include seven grandchildren have rounded out her life with deep gratitude and precious memories.
Teague graduated from the University of NE with a BFA in Education. Subsequently teaching three years in the Lincoln Public Schools before beginning her art career that has spanned four decades.
Her early work was realistic and captured the transforming effects of natural light on old or discarded objects. In 2013 Teague made a huge shift to Abstract Expressionism, precipitated by internal spiritual dynamics bringing joy and freedom that could not but spill over onto her canvas. The shift was challenging, but exciting in new found freedom to play, risk, learn, and explore.
Teague’s energetic strokes, colorful palette, spontaneity, playfulness, and contemplative ways bring depth and excitement to her work.
Teague’s abstracts have been selected for national competitions and her work is seen in corporate and private collections in the U.S.
EXHIBITIONS – COMPETITIONS
- 2018 Mark Arts Wichita KS National Abstract Exhibition
- 2017 Gallery 1516 presents 2017 Nebraska Artist Biennial Nov 1 – Dec 31, 2017
- 2017 Mark Arts Wichita KS – National All Media Exhibition
- 2017 Strecker Nelson West Gallery Group Show
- 2017 Bone Creek Agrarian Museum 150 artworks for 150 years Nebraska Statehood.
- 2017 Leopold Gallery Kansas City, MO Four Person Show
- 2016 Mark Arts Wichita, KS – Abstract National Exhibition
- 2016 Strecker-Nelson Gallery Manhattan, KS – Group Exhibition
- 2015 Medici UNL Art Department Fund Raiser and Exhibit
- 2015 Bold Brush Online January Competition FAV15%
- 2015 Octagon Center For The Arts National Juried All-Media Exhibition
- 2013 Still Point Gallery “Winter Splendor” Exhibition – ‘Award for Best Painting
- BFA in Education UNL Lincoln, NE
- Kansas State University College of Business – Executive Conference Room, Manhattan KS
- Fairfield Haven, Birmingham, AL
- Norterre, Liberty MO
- Liberty Hospital, Liberty MO
PRESS – PUBLICATIONS
- 2017 Bargain Mansions DIY Network Kansas City – Nancy Teague Abstracts in Charlotte House and Warwick House
- 2017 Omaha The Reader article ‘A Bone (Creek) To Pick‘
- 2017 Still Point Arts Quarterly Spring “It’s Hard Being Green”
- 2017 Art Move Magazine Winter 2017 “Nancy Teague’s Creative Liberation” by J. Fatima Martins
- 2015 Still Point Arts Quarterly Winter “Simplicity”
- 2014 Still Point Arts Quarterly Fall “Earth Water Fire Air: Our World in Abstract”
- 2013 Still Point Arts Quarterly Spring “Ordinary Everyday Objects”
- 2012 Still Point Arts Quarterly Fall “Elements of Art: Texture”
What Collectors Are Saying
“My wife and I felt that Nancy was an up and coming artist and that her work would fit perfectly with our other art. We have had several people comment on her painting. It seems to attract people…walking by it…many stop and look closely at the art. Great use of color and shape.”Larry and Maggie Kopsa
“Let us just say, if we had a larger home, we would have more of Nancy’s artwork! We often discuss what each of us perceives in each painting, especially the painting that we have hung over our piano! Abstracts really speak to us and we tend to get mesmerized as we take in each piece of Nancy’s artwork!”Bryce & Kim Carr
“Art by its very nature fuels emotion. At first glance our painting by Nancy evoked joy. We first saw it in an email and called immediately to say ‘we want that!,’ and once we experienced it in the gallery we knew our instinct was right. We have it placed for everyday viewing, and every day joy!”Christi and Doc Chaves
“Nancy’s paintings invite focus. The colors and motions entertain and encourage my confidence. I have them placed in different rooms in my house, and they make me smile in all of them.”Polly
“As my husband and I walked through the Strecker Nelson West Gallery, this beautiful piece both struck us as absolutely stunning. It sets the mood in our particular location and we love it. As we continue to complete our renovation, we hope to purchase additional Nancy Teague works.”Jan
“Having already enjoyed the bold energy of her work in an earlier purchase, Blues Band continued to keep that promise by evoking the sense of vibrancy and depth of emotion that players in a band bring to performance and that speak to me as both a music and art lover. It is a joyful experience to have the painting as part of my everyday life.”Lisa Noble
“I knew I wanted Take it to the Clouds the moment I saw it – I was captivated! I have a Craftsman home, and Nancy’s piece looks great in it. I now own the gallery where I purchased Take it to the Clouds, and I’m always excited to see Nancy’s new work. A strong addition to our inventory, Nancy’s paintings are a delight wherever they are installed.”Alyn Pennington West